Monday, February 11, 2008

Eastern Promises


I have read the review of this movie in newspaper and overall it gave a quite good review of this movie especially the acting of the main actor ' Viggo Mortensen'.. I have planned to go for the show but juz too bad my movie partner was fall into sick and no one go with me, and I though definitely I will miss this one..

Finally I went to the show with one of my fren during cny holiday, in fact beside the acting skills of the main actor, overall the show was quite boring and it was a bit slow, i mean the flow of the story.. it is not a big hollywood film and beside the main actor the other actor that i known is Naomi Watts (the king kong's girlfriend) but her role in the movie not really have lot of chance to express and show her skills..

Here are the brief introduction of the movie : -
Eastern Promises is a Canadian 2007 drama directed by David Cronenberg. The screenplay was by Dirty Pretty Things writer Steven Knight. The film tells of a British midwife's interactions with the Russian mafia in London and stars Viggo Mortensen and Naomi Watts. Principle photography began November 2006, in locations in and around London. The film has been noted for its shocking plot twist and for its violence and realistic depiction of the Russian criminal underworld, including its use of tatsoos.

No comments: