Wednesday, April 1, 2009

meetings..

I am attending more meetings recently.. for most of the meetings that I have attended so far, I just a listener because I am just in the job less than 2 months, so lot of things I am still not that familiar, and usually I am just there and listen to them..

I have to say that most of them who attending meeting would like to express themselves very much to get attention, especially in the project meeting with users.. after 2 project meetings with users, omg!! I can really see how those users push their responsibilities and chase IS to solve their outstanding issues.. usually people are talking quite loud in the meeting, and there will be a small groups discussing among them in the meeting.. why they have to talk so loud? Try to get more attention? Or just to make they more powerful to push others to work for them..?? or they are frustrated of the pending of outstanding issues? Or… I dunno.. I notice that one of the young lady (maybe in her late 20s or early 30s) who are really hot tempers and easily raise up her voice in the meeting, my colleague told me that have to be alert to her because of her characters.. on the other hand, another lady who also attending meeting who are more professional in the way she talks and cooperation..

Actually in a meeting we can see how professional the person is and how cooperate he/she with others and of coz we also can see that person characteristics.. It is really noisy in the meeting and I am sure those noise really can make someone getting more stress.. so far I am still ok with those noise, but once I am getting more involve into the project, sure those noise going to be very annoying and sure will feel stress and dislike to attend meetings..

No comments: