Tuesday, April 7, 2009

my very first deployment..

I am required to back to office to do the deployment last Saturday morning at 730am.. (OMG!! 730am..!!) it is much earlier than my usual working hours and moreover it is on Saturday, one of the day that only I can sleep late.. anyway I have no choice but must come because my colleague got something on and she couldn’t make it..
Getting a bit nervous because this is the first time that I do deployment alone without my colleague around.. it is a deployment into production system so it anything goes wrong, by no choice we have to perform a fallback to roll the system to the status before the deployment.. so, frankly, quite stress..!!

I can’t really sleep well on Friday night, going to bed around 12+ and woke up at 6am.. reached office around 715am and I am the first one arrive.. another colleague from another unit will be here with me because she is the one hold all the user IDs.. so she is in on time and we manage to start the deployment at 730am.. in fact we can start at 8am but I requested her to be in 30 mins earlier because it is my first time doing and I may need extra time and just want to make sure I won’t make any mistake and do it slowly and safely..

Everything going quite smooth and we manage to complete everything by 915am and users are expecting to use the system at 930am.. we are 15 mins ahead and no users calling and chase us .. haha!! Anyway the first time is going well.. I am sure there will be lots coming, one thing I just hope that they won’t put the deployment on Saturday morning again but make it during weekdays morning.. I need my beautiful sleep over the weekend..