Friday, August 1, 2008

the interview II

There is a merger process in my current company, initially the new management suppose to come in by first of September but due to some law issue the process maybe delay till October or even end of the year..

People from the new management has visited us and discuss with all the bosses to find out more about those system that we are using now and to see what system they will take and what to leave aside.. so basically they are headache is the data migration from our current system to their system, as you know data migration is not something easy, especially the way the system store the data in the database.. I can predict that I will will crazy busy with data migration soon..

Beside that, everyone in the office are most concern in whether the new management will take them along or not?? well.. most of them asked my big boss and she don't have the answer too.. they even ask the people from the new management and they can't answer it as well.. what they said is in time being we just focus in data migration and others we will take later.. this answer even make them getting more worried..

Two guys from IT and a lady from asset management came to see me yesterday.. basically it is like an interview.. they wanna find out more about me and what is my tasks in the office and also my knowledge and working experience.. one funny thing is.. they even asked in future I would like to focus more into which area in IT, networking, project, support or so on.. well it sounds like they are trying find out where to put me into their IT teams.. Overall the conversation is going very well.. I try to relax and answering their questions in a relax mood..

I told my colleague about the interview and she told me that I am lucky because I am one of the selected people that they invited for interview.. hopefully what she said is correct.. so can I ask for increment of my salary from my new boss.. haha!!

No comments: