Friday, March 27, 2009

movies review..

It’s been long time I didn’t pose movie reviews here, its not I didn’t go for any movie, just lazy to write my reviews.. but there are a few movies which I have watched lately and would like to put my reviews here..

THE READER
My favorite actress KATE WINSLET who won the Oscar Best ACTRESS AWARD with her role as a Nazi who has an affair with a teenage who half of her age.. the storyline of this movie is simple, and the flow of the story is quite slow, I guess some of you guys may feel bored because of this.. this is a quiet movie because instead of talks, face expression and eyes signals playing a very important roles in this movie too, especially on Kate.. To me, Kate performance in this movie is brilliant and she really deserved the Oscar and others few Best Actress/Supporting Actress that she won with the role.. Kate likes to explore her body in the movie, haha!! and in this movie, she and the young actor have a few nude scenes.. this is a sad ending story and Kate suicide because of what she has done and she found that the one she loves is no longer loves her as before.. Recommended this movie to Kate fan, to those who not favorite Kate but wish to see her Oscar performance, to those who enjoy slow moving movie, but definitely not for those who like Hollywood big project movies..

REVOLUTIONARY ROAD
Another movie by KATE WINSLET.. this is the work of Kate Winslet and LEONARDO DICAPRIO 11 years after the super blockbuster TITANIC and the director of the movie is Kate’s hubby.. what I like most of the movie is the costume and images of them both, Kate look so beautiful with the 50’s hair style and dresses.. Leo does look smart in the movie.. the story is simple and easy to follow and both of them did a great job here, Kate won the Best Actress Award for her role in Golden Globe Award.. this is another sad ending, again.. Kate kills herself because of over stress of her life..

CHANGELING
ANGELINA JOLIE nominated Oscar Best Actress Award with her role in this movie.. this is a true story for a single mother looking for her missing son in 20’s.. she has faced lot of problems and gone through super hard time while looking for her son and even trapped herself into politic issues.. no doubt, her performance is great in the movie which own her the Oscar nomination.. one strange thing for me in the movie is the image of Angelina really look different from her real image.. wondering why she has to wear heat in the whole movie? One secret to share, my tears drops while watching the movie..

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE
This is the big Oscar winning movie this year.. grabbed Best Movie and Best Director!! Before I go for this movie, I saw lot of good reviews of this movie and feel really excited to go for the show.. guess what, since it won the big prices in Oscar, lot of people get interested of this movie and we couldn’t get the ticket of the show.. or everybody getting excited and wanna know how to become a millionaire, haha!! Overall it is a good show, I like the way how the story tells, and I like the part when they are kids.. and how they fight for their life to live, the movie has shows the poor society in India which is one of my favorite country.. go for this show than we will know how lucky we are in our current living environment.. highly recommended to all folks!!

There are a few more movies I watched lately, but not really impressed me much that’s why I didn’t mention it here.. it seems like there is no interesting movie showing now.. so I can rest for a while by not going to cinema.. haha!! Expecting some big movies somewhere in May, summer..