Sunday, March 29, 2009

EARTH HOUR - 28Mar2009 - 830pm to 930pm

28/8/09@830pm is EARTH HOUR.. Please turn off light for an hour 830pm-930pm..!! I am not really clear about the history of EARTH HOUR, but I do remembered I saw in newspaper 2-3 years ago where Sydney was the first country which support this activity where the photo show the opera house and harbor bridge lights all were turned off for an hour..
This activity seems getting more popular now where more countries are participating in this activity, even in Malaysia.. this year, a lot of turn off light activities in EARTH HOUR.. lot of malls or landmarks are participating too, emails are forwarding to remind people to participate for EARTH HOUR too.. few of my friends are getting very excited to turn off light for an hour, wondering why?? Haha..!!

For myself, I will participate if at that hour I am at home.. I have been informed that I have to back to office to work on Saturday afternoon and I was telling my friend that I will turn off the light at 830pm for an hour even in the office.. hehe!! Of coz I wish I no need to stay till so late.. in fact, I really pass the EARTH HOUR in office with few of my colleagues, we did turn off light at 830pm, but juz for a few minutes because we need to continue our works, can’t see the keyboard, haha!!

We did look out from the window during EARTH HOUR, we can see the KL Tower is turn off, only left a few small lights on the top.. of coz street and traffic lights are still on.. not completely dark.. well, hope the EARTH HOUR will still be popular next year, and I hope I no need to turn off office lights next year, haha!!