Monday, March 10, 2008

Martian Child

If one day there is a child told you that he believes he is from Mars, so what will you do? what are you going to say? Interesting ha..!!
but definitely I will think this child must be reading too much comics or watching too much space cartoons.. haha!!

I was never notice this movie bcuz it has been a while I didn't go for movie.. So we planned to go for a show on friday night, initially we planned to go for '10,000BC' but my fren couldn't booked the tickets and he told me that he has watched the trailer of that show and it was something like National Geography program.. haha! so he suggested for 'Martian Child'..

Here is the plot of the movie >> David Gordon has just lost his wife Mary and is looking to adopt a young boy named Dennis who believes he is from Mars. After adopting the boy, he manages to bring Dennis out of the amazon box in which he stays to hide from the sun. He teaches the boy how to be an "earthling" and earns Dennis' love in the process with the help of his sister.

Overall I like this movie and it is quite touching.. I like the way David trying very hard to teach the boy to live in the humans way by not forcing him, his passion and effort of doing it is really touching.. and the boy is really lucky to have an adopted dad.. the boy who believes he is from Mars and he can fly away anytime, so he wears a belt (where he hangs a lot of batteries on it and make himself heavier then he can't fly away.. haha!!) he is so cute and I like he did the space dance, so damn funny!!

I recommended this movie to those who wanna watch something more to our real life.. one thing I have learned from the movie, we will 'never ever ever ever ever ever ever................ give up!!' when we are new to the environment and trying ourselves to be part of the new society..

No comments: