Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles

I am always interested into this type of movie, been thinking of watch it since I have watched the trailer.. another reason is because of the young actor - Freddie Highmore, I have noticed him when I watched 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' where he is Charlie Bucket in the movie and his role really caught my attention.. but what make me really notice him is another movie ' Finding Neverland' where he is Kate Winslet's son and with Johnny Depp (again..), his performance in the movie was brilliant and he has nominated and won a few awards for that role.. to me he is a brilliant small actor, definitely will go for all his upcoming movies..

Back to this movie.. basically it is talking about the a family moved into Arthur Spiderwick's house where they is a secret book been kept inside a chest, the boy Jerad who has found the book and read it although there is a warning notice.. Jerad also found the brownie - Thimbletack in the house who told him the story of the book and also what is the impact after reading the book.. there are goblins surrounding the house wanna steal the book and they are finding the way to break the protect circle to get into the house.. well basically the story continue with how Jerad and his family fight against the goblins to protect the book..

Overall I like the movie, the story is simple and easy to follow and those graphic and animation are not 'over'.. I like the Arthur Spiderwick's pet - griffin, which is really cool and fly like a big bird in the sky.. I have to mention about Freedie again, his performance is ok here but not as impressive as he did the 'Finding Neverland' due to the role given here..

No comments: