Monday, September 29, 2008

Mamma Mia! The Movie


You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life Ooo.. see that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the Dancing Queen.... this song is still spinning in my mind even after I have stepped out from the cinema.. "Dancing Queen" is the biggest hit single recorded by Swedish pop group ABBA in 1976..

Mamma Mia! The Movie is a musical film based on the title of ABBA's hit 'Mama Mia'.. seen the preview of the movie and definitely can't miss this one with all the ABBA's songs and beautiful scenery on small Greek island Kalkairi.. I am not really a big fan of ABBA (I am still a small kid during ABBA's time and have to thanks my sister who used to play ABBA's songs at home..) I am quite familiar with their songs beside 'Dancing Queen', my another favorite is 'Take a chance on me'.. and others like 'Mama Mia', 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!', 'Money, Money, Money' and 'Honey Honey' where I can sing a bit of each of them.. haha!! most of their songs are in pop or disco, so we can still hear 'Dancing Queen' and 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!' in disco today.. so can you imagine how popular are their songs.. beside those I mentioned above, they do have some ballads like 'I have a dream', 'Thank you for the music' and the very sad 'The Winner Takes It All'..

Back to the movie.. beside all those lovely ABBA's songs and the beautiful scenery of the island.. those actress and actors in the movie did a great job in acting and singing.. surprisingly Meryl Streep can sing and dance quite well in the movie.. it is fun to see her and another two friends - Rosie and Tanya performed 'Dancing Queen' and 'Super Trouper' with the 70's costumes which are really 'Yeh'!! haha.. I like her expression when she sing 'The winner takes it all', the lyric of the song is so touching and you may cry if you have just heart broken with someone.. her two friends are cute and funny too, especially Rosie sing 'Take a chance on me' on the dining table.. haha.. so damn funny and I like the song so much..!!

The three male actors did a great job too especially the funny Bill who show his butt to Rosie.. I never know Pierce Brosnan can sing so well.. and at the final part their 70's costumes are so funny and their high heels are killing us.. can't stop laughing..

We really enjoyed the movie a lot and all the audiences seems like it so much too from all the laughter in the cinema.. you must go if you like ABBA.. no worries if you are too young for ABBA's songs.. I am sure you will like one or two or even all the songs in the movie after the show.. maybe you will like me, the 'Dancing Queen' still spinning in my mind after the movie.. haha!!

No comments: