Monday, October 6, 2008

lunch with VVIP today..

I am one of the 30% who have offered a job by the new company which we will going to merge with.. they have arranged a lunch appointment today for us to meet up the VVIP in the company, for us to know them and also for them to know us.. I bet knowing each other in dining table with foods is a very good idea ha..

We arrived the place on time and those VVIP arrived 15 minutes later.. shaking hand and introducing ourselves one by one.. then proceed to the dining table for lunch.. everyone on the dining table having smiling face.. I guess that is manners.. the VVIP trying to break the ice and asking us the current situation of our current company and at the same time he does explain to us the working culture and expectation from the company.. he does briefed us the process of the merger and the predicted completion date of the process..

The foods are served.. we have soup first before the main course then fruits at the end.. coffee or tea to close the lunch.. nothing much to say about the foods, just average.. I just took a little of rice but I was so damn full when I walked out from the dining hall.. I was thinking the foods tasted average is it because of the environment, the person we are having lunch with or really because the foods are just so so..

Everyone left the place with full stomach.. haha!! but I don't think anyone of us are really enjoying the foods because we have to decide whether to accept or not by tomorrow.. even if they serve us dragon meat.. I don't think we will enjoy that also..

Anyway, it is a good chance to see and learn how those VVIP people talk and social.. I do learn learn a bit.. even if you have nothing to say.. just smile and smile.. sure it is ok one.. haha!!

No comments: