Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ate too much over the long weekend..

Ho! ho! it was long weekend due to Deepavali is on Monday.. I bet lot of people have palnned to go back hometown instead of staying in KL.. I am a KL's boy and never have chance to go back hometown during festival season.. but I am very sure that the feeling of going back hometown to meet your parents and family members must be very happy!!

One of my friend will go back hometown during the long weekend and invited me to join him since I got nothing to do and no special plans.. since I have never been to the place and most importantly he said he will bring me to try some nice and famous foods in his hometown and of course his mum's cooking which can't missed.. haha!! We left KL on Sunday noon and manage to reach his hometown in late evening to join his family for dinner.. the traffic in express way is ok and not so busy and we manage to reach there as what we have expected.. it will be bad if there is traffic jam because it is about 10 of them expecting us for dinner.. his mum has prepared lot of dishes and he highly recommended me the steam chicken and mushroom.. no doubt these two dishes are really yummy!! beside that I do like the crispy fried fishes with ginger.. I am damn full after dinner and can't really sit down and relax but have to take a walk with my friend nearby his house.. since it is my first time to that place, my friend gave me a tour in the town and shown me the places where he spent during his childhood..

The next day morning, my friend brought me to try the famous sambal nasi lemak.. wow!! the sambal is really nice and very hot!! eat till I sweat.. haha!! next we went to the famous waterfall which is about an hour away.. lot of people there especially Malay who like to have picnic with their family with some home cook nasi lemak and bee hon goreng.. we walked all the way up to the top of the waterfall.. when I reached the top it almost half died already.. haha!! On the way back to town we stop by the road side and buy some durian, the town which nearby my friend place is famous with durian, so my friend said must try the durian there.. since both of us also dunno how to choose durian so just have to trust the guy and ask him to choose for us.. the guy is good because the durian really nice and some of the meats are orange color.. after the durian, my friend's mum preparing steamboat for dinner.. so basically my stomach just have about 2 hours break before dinner.. I saw lots of meat balls with different sizes and colors and many types of veggi as well.. again.. I was so full after the steamboat..

Well, its time to prepare ourselves to go home.. we have to leave earlier because everybody is rushing back to KL and that the express way may be very jam.. anyway the traffic is not so bad although there is jam in certain parks of the express way, it took extra 30 minutes then normal journey to reach KL.. anyway it is a nice short trip for me for all the foods that I have tried.. so it is time to work harder in gym.. go! go!

No comments: