Monday, April 28, 2008

The Forbidden Kingdom - 功夫之王


I bet what attract most of us go for this show is the two superstars - Jet Li and Jacky Chan.. this is the very first time both of them fight in a same movie, so I bet it will definitely attract a lot of audience.. although I have heard bad reviews from frens and newspaper about it, but I try to ignore those reviews and go for the show bcuz of my favorite action hero - Jet Li.. and by not hoping too much of the story and purely just to watch the fighting of Jet Li and Jacky Chan..

Frankly, although I didn't hope so much but I still feel a bit disappointed for the movie.. the story is almost lousy and it is damn funny that at the period of time in China they can speak English.. I know it is an English movie but if they really wanna make it as an English movie then everybody should speak English and not only the main roles are in English but the rest are in Mandarin, weird ha..!! but on the other hand I think the purpose of that is to fulfill both the US and China market..

As what I have expected, the most interesting part in the movie is the fight between Jet Li and Jacky Chan.. that particular fighting scenes is cool and we can really see the 'kung fu' of both of them.. as for Jet Li he always look cool when he fights, to me he looks much lighter and the movements are much faster then Jacky Chan.. of coz Jacky Chan does a great job too but I juz don't really like his face expression when he try to be funny, its a bit over ler.. haha!! I watched an interview of Jet Li talking about this movie on tv, he said this is not something that he wish to do with Jacky Chan, so I bet they will have another one coming in future..

Overall, it is an entertaining movie where we can see some kung fu fighting, jokes, and the five elements mountain in the movie really look great (nice computer works..) this movie is doing very well in US and some Asians countries as well.. sure it will be one of the biggest movie in 2008..

No comments: