Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FREE SEATS vs 0 FARES

I bet one of the hottest topic now will be the war of 'FREE SEATS (Airasia) VS 0 FARES (MAS)'.. you can see them everyday in newspaper by 'showing off' their best offers to attract more customers.. and they will try to come out more attractive slogan everyday, like I seen in Airasia 'Smart consumers know the difference. Do your math, the numbers don't lie.' on the other hand MAS came out with this 'Everyday low fares. Fly 5-star and get VALUE!' .. haha!! interesting ha..!!

Firstly, Airasia has been doing a super great jobs recent years by offering cheap fares.. they really work so hard towards their slogan 'Now Everyone Can Fly' and to me they have achieved that!! talking about myself, with the offers from Airasia I manage to travel more, few times to Bangkok, to Bali, to Phuket and upcoming trip to Siam Rep.. beside that, they have a lot of promotions fly to Indonesia where it really benefits those Indonesian workers or maids in Malaysia manage to travel back home more often..

Talking about MAS, sorry I don't know what is their slogan.. haha!! I been flied with MAS only few times to Sydney, Melbourne and New Delhi quite long time ago.. and I still remembered that I got their offer fares at MATTA fair.. MAS fare is always more expensive even compared to SIA(Singapore Airlines), honestly if I have second choice I won't fly with them.. I bet you guys must have still remembered MAS admitted they have make lost of billions and needs support from government instead to continue their operations, even heard that they have to rent out their own MAS building.. another issue is the monthly salary of their chairman is like million ringgit.. so now everybody know why they can't make profits..

Back to the war.. now MAS seems like have to downgrade themselves and come out with promotions to grab more customers, as you can see in their '0 fares' slogan, they are selling their free food on board, free 20kg baggage allowance and assigned seat which Airasia do not provide those facilities.. but few frens have commended that the MAS website is very difficult to get in and damn slow, after a few attempts and they have give up..!! giving promotions but can't access the website, what's the point then..??

As for Airasia, I have to admit that so far their website is working well.. and I saw a survey in newspaper few months ago regarding what Malaysian buy most online (online shopping) and Airasia is at No.1 with 65%, so you can see the popularity..!! I am not sure who will win in this war, but as a customer.. we will juz go to the best offers..

No comments: