Friday, May 16, 2008

Hard Candy - Madonna



'Hard Candy' is Madonna’s eleventh, and final, studio album for Warner Bros.. and it has released in 28 April 2008 in most of the countries included Malaysia where I got my copy on that day as well.. I have been waited for 2.5 years since her previous album 'Confessions on a Dance Floor' which is still one of my favorite album where I am still listening to it now.. a head-spinningly good dance music and I still love 'Jump' and 'Sorry' very much now.. I bet it is one of the best Madonna's album ever..

Talking about 'Hard Candy', after playing the album again and again.. most of the tracks are not really impressive, the music are more into hip-hop beat.. and some of the tracks can get bored quite fast.. I have to say it is only an OK album for me so far.. can't beat the brillion 'Confessions......'

My favorite track in the album is still the first single '4 Minutes' featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland.. the beat and tempo of this track is billion.. a super great debut job done by them to produce such a great track.. too bad this track doesn't reach No.1 in Billboard Hot 100 chart, it's only at No.3, what a waste that such a great song can't make it to the top..

'Give It 2 Me' is my second favorite track.. the pop tempo is cool and the way Madonna deliver the song is so fun and really in the pop mood when listening this track.. a great song to play when you are boring.. 'Candy Shop' is great too.. I really like it when Madonna sing 'My sugar is raw...' its kind of sexy and seductive.. haha..!! other outstanding tracks are 'Voices' and 'Dance 2night'..

The tracks that I found boring are 'She's Not Me', 'Heartbeat' and 'Incredible'.. the more I listen to these tracks the more I feel boring and sleepy... I will skip these 3 tracks now, seriously..

Overall, it is not a so sweet album as the title 'Hard Candy', a bit of bittersweet because of some boring middle tempo tracks.. one thing to mention is, Madonna still looks hot and sexy with her age in the cover.. I bet the reason is she did the anti-aging yoga to maintain the young look and nice body (look at her nice bicep.. wow!!)

No comments: