Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Mighty Heart

A true story that will touch your heart.. you can feel the sadness of a pregnant wife expecting the return of his husband, but he is not...

Another movie that I wanted to watch but I have no chance because I am not sure whether this movie is show in cinema here.. anyway I got the dvd on the weekend.. yeah!!

'A Mighty Heart' is a detailed account of the search for kidnapped Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in 2002. Pearl was kidnapped in Karachi by supporters of Omar Sheikh, who claimed responsibility (and was later captured and convicted but is appealing the ruling) for kidnapping and beheading Pearl in 2002. The movie also covers efforts by Department of Justice and Diplomatic Security Service to track the kidnappers and bring them to justice. to find out more about Daniel Pearl, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pearl


The main actor Dan Futterman as Daniel Pearl only appeared at the beginning part of the movie then he been kidnapped and the rest of the movie are focus on his wife Mariane Pearl played by Angelina Jolie and the research term, particularly I quite like the role of the captain (the local police officer), his acting is really real, especially when he questioning the suspects, wow.. I can really feel the 'power' of a police officer..

Talking about Angelina Jolie.. she is pregnant while making this movie (as her role also a pregnant wife looking for missing husband..).. no doubt she really put lot of efforts in this role, and I have read an article that Mariane Pearl personally chose Angelina Jolie to play the lead in A Mighty Heart because she said "I have heard some criticism about her casting, but it is not about the color of your skin. It is about who you are. I asked her to play the role--even though she is way more beautiful than I am--because I felt a real kinship to her. She put her whole heart into it, and I think she understood why we should do this movie. We had something to say that we knew we should say together."

Overall, it is another serious movie to me.. I can see those journalists really risk their life while doing their jobs in some dangerous places in order to report the news to the world..

No comments: